Arco - Opus 2019 / Académie de composition
ARCO opus 2019
ARCO - Art, Research and Creation
Opus 2019 - university of composition
- Public lectures by composition teachers and invited artists
- Individual composition classes with Henry Fourès, Yann Robin and Johannes-Maria Staud ensuring the supervision of the students’ projects.
- Seminars on copyright with Bineta John, head of mission : comtemporary music at SACEM and publishing with Pierre Lemoine, CEO of Editions Lemoine.
- Private composition class with invited professor composer Bernhard Gander
- Daily rehearsals with the Ensemble Multilatérale, Les Métaboles and the Tana String quartets.
- “Body-Space-Conscience” improvisation workshops each morning with Elisabeth Gutjahr, rector of Mozarteum University Salzbourg
- Presentation by the soloists of Multilatérale Ensemble on the most advanced extended techniques on their instruments (45 minutes each).
- Creation of the student’s pieces specially composed during two closing concerts.
Le quatuor Tana
ARCO – Art, Research and Creation Opus 2019 – is a binational university of composition, association between the Gmem-Marseille (one of the French National Center of Musical Creation) and the Mozarteum University Salzbourg.
Hosted by the Gmem, this first edition will welcome in Marseille, from July 5th to 14th, twelve composers from all over the world. Throughout the week seminars, workshops and concerts will be given. Written for the occasion, the students’ pieces will be rehearsed, performed and professionnaly recorded during two closing concerts.